Friday, October 2, 2015

Autumn Wedding Makeup & Hair


In early September I attended an autumn wedding!  So, today I am sharing how I did my makeup and hair for the occasion because I love how this look turned out!  My makeup look was a "glam" version of a brown smokey eye with neutral lips. And for my hairstyle, I wore a beautiful twist back with my signature curls.  Read more to see all the makeup products I used and a step by step tutorial for my hair.  
Enjoy! 

Makeup


For my makeup I went for a brown smokey eye with lots of shimmer and highlights, as well as contoured / highlighted face, and glossy nude lips for a glowing look with a touch of glam.  I believe my makeup compliments the simplicity of the dress I chose and brings attention to my eyes.

Face



Starting off with foundation I decided to mix my Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation with my Bare minerals Bareskin foundation.  This is because the tarte foundation gave me the coverage that I wanted and the Bare minerals foundation gave me the color I was looking for.  The Bare minerals foundation also lightened the consistency of the foundation making for an easier application / wear.


Onto concealer I went for the Tarte maracuja creaseless concealer which is full coverage, brightened up my under eye area, and stayed on all night. 



To set my concealer I used this Milani powder foundation which I love because of it's smooth texture and matte finish.




To contour my face I used my Physician's formula New York City bronzer, isn't the little city design adorable?


To add a bit of color to my face I applied my No7 blush in soft damson, a pretty pale pink shade.



To highlight my face and achieve this beautiful pink/champagne glow I used my Physician's formula natural nude highlighter.  I just swirl my brush into this palette to get the perfect highlight shade!


For my brows I took Faint from my Naked basics palette and filled in my eyebrows with a light hand.

Eyes


To begin my eyeshadow look I applied the Lorac behind the scenes eye primer all over my eyelids to make sure my eye shadow would pop/stay in place all night.



For my base eye shadow color I used Push-up, a warm brown/gold shimmer shade from the Too faced Natural eyes palette.



For my crease color I used Mugshot, a grey toned gold/brown shimmer shade from the Naked 3 palette.  I also blended Mugshot a bit into the outer half of my eyelid. 


I then went back to the Natural eyes palette and used Erotica, a warm brown shadow with gold specks in the outer corner of my eyelid.


To brighten up my eyes I then took Venus, a shimmering white shade from the Naked basics palette and placed that on the center of my eyelid and in my inner corner.  And to finish off with eyeshadow I took WOS, a matte peach/white shadow and applied it underneath my eyebrow. 



For eyeliner I used my NYX liquid black liner to draw a thin line with a small wing on my lash line.



For mascara I used a couple coats of the Too faced better than sex mascara.  This mascara is my absolute favorite because it makes my lashes so long, dark, and full!  Then to waterproof my mascara I used a coat of Le Chick Flick by NYX.  This way my mascara does not smudge while I'm dancing. 

Lips


For the lips I used my favorite lipstick at the moment, Nude Beach by Too faced.  This is the perfect pinky nude and is the a beautiful finishing touch to the makeup look!

Hair


For my hair I absolutely had to go with curls, but I wanted to add a little "twist" haha!  So, after I curled the bottom half of my hair I took the top half and twisted back each side, then pinned in place.  This hairstyle is simple yet elegant, the twist also adds visual interest to the outfit.

I hope you enjoyed reading about this makeup look / hairstyle for an autumn wedding.  I promise I will try my best to post as often as possible!  Be sure to subscribe to my youtube channel as well youtube.com/beautyybychloe  to stay up to date with all my videos.  See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pink Double Sketch Heart