Saturday, January 14, 2017

90's Grunge Photoshoot


For today's post I'm sharing pictures from a 90's grunge inspired photoshoot I modeled in with Kirsten O'Brien that I shot with Amanda Halbert from lvl5films!  Be sure to check out their Instagram @lvl5films & Youtube channel to see their film & photography work!


My outfit is a bit of a girly take on the 90's Grunge style.  

90's Grunge Video






I'm wearing this ribbed knit bodycon T-shirt dress from Pacsun as a base for my look. Plain T- shirts were popular in the 90's as a staple piece in any teen's wardrobe, I love the look of wearing T- shirts as dresses.  

To add a pop of color into my outfit I raided my Dad's closet and found this oversized kelly green jean jacket.  My dad wore this jacket in 1992 so it's an actual 90's piece.   The heavy oversized jean jacket fit the grunge theme perfectly, in the 90's clothing was worn slightly oversized as a look.

For shoes I work black Timberland boots.  These boots are just so casually cool looking and fit in perfectly with the vibe of my outfit. 





To finish off my outfit with a girly touch I raided my Mom's dresser to find this floral scrunchie.   Scrunchies were such a popular hair piece in the 90's and I love the floral detailing on this one, the accents of green match my jean jacket.  


I swapped out the scrunchie with a simple grey beanie halfway through the shoot.  The ribbed knit beanie matched perfectly with my dress and added an edgy vibe to the look. 








I had alot of fun shooting this look, it was a bit different from my usual style but I really love it. I hope you all have gained some insight on how you can put together a 90's grunge inspired look! Thank you again to Lvl5films for the photos.   Leave me a comment below with your thoughts on this look & I'll see you next time!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pink Double Sketch Heart