Thursday, April 23, 2015

Spring Things & New Blog Design





Welcome Back to my newly designed blog!  With the transformation into spring I decided my blog needed a reboot.  I am so grateful to Be from http://www.lovefrombe.com who generously offered to work with me in coming up with this new design!  Be sure to head over to Be's blog and show her some love! 

For this post I am going to talk about some spring themed beauty/fashion favorites/essentials, all the items that are still available will be linked in My Favorite Things. Lets start! 

Makeup 

Lately I have been making the transition into buying cruelty free products vs cruel products.  If you would like me to make a whole post about switching to buying cruelty free products I would be  happy to make that for you.  Here are all the cruelty free makeup product essentials for me this spring! 


This Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara is my new favorite mascara, it makes my lashes HUGE with only two coats! I personally I love having big doll-like lashes, especially for the spring!  I would highly recommend this mascara to anyone who loves BIG, DARK, lashes.




Pink glossy lips are a part of my every day spring makeup look!  I base majority of my spring outfits around pastels which match perfectly with a glossy pink lip, here are the glossy pink lip colors I've been using non-stop. (Left to Right) Pixi shea butter lip balm, Nyx butter gloss in Meringue, Nyx butter gloss in Vanilla Creme Pie, Too Faced melted lipstick in Melted Marshmallow. 


(Bottom to top)

Pixi Shea butter Lip Balm- Rose colored lip balm thats smells like vanilla, definitely will buy more shades


Nyx butter gloss in Meringue- Bright pink butter gloss with blue undertones, one of my favorite gloss formulas


Nyx butter gloss in Vanilla Creme Pie- Sheer, pastel pink, shiny gloss


Too Faced melted lipstick in Melted Marshmallow- Bright pink melted lipstick with an amazing color payoff   





This Naked flushed pallet in Streak is my favorite face palette for the spring/summer.  The tones of the blush, bronzer and highlight give off a perfect fresh faced glow. 


(Left to right)

Highlight- Pink toned shimmer that gives off a beautiful glow 


Bronzer- Warm toned matte bronzer


Blush- Coral/Peach/Pale pink matte blush that gives off a natural pop of color, my favorite blush at the moment 


Nails 



The Sally Hansen complete salon manicure line is my favorite line of nail polishes, and for the spring I LOVE to wear pink on my nails! Here are my top three pink spring nail polishes.

(Left to Right) 

Pink a Card- Pastel baby pink, I wear this non stop 

Hello Pretty- Bright watermelon pink, reminds me of summer

Rosey Outlook- Rosey medium toned pink, a color I always seem to reach for 




The Xtreme collection is another good collection from Sally Hansen which has some really nice pastels, here are two of my favorites.

(Left to Right)

Lacey Lilac- Pretty pastel purple, sooo girly and cute

Mint Sorbet- Cool toned pastel mint green, a bit of a risk but with the right outfit looks amazing

Accessories 



This mint green cross body bag from Target is on the TOP OF MY LIST in my spring essentials!  It is SOOO CUTE, I adore pastels for spring!  It is a structured petite bag just big enough to fit everything, plus it has a cute little pocket in the front where I put my phone.  This bag was only thirty dollars which is a steal for such a great design and good quality! 



This other bag is a mini black cross body from Target with a Kate Spade looking bow and gold detailing.  I think it is perfect for a day at a festival or in the city where you don't need to hold too much but still want to carry something cute and functional.


These tiny aqua flower earrings are from a brand called Lydellnyc and I have been wearing them all the time!  These tiny flower studs add that perfect touch of spring to any outfit and look really cute with pastels.

Fashion 

Dresses are always a staple for me in every seasons wardrobe, when Spring rolls around and the weather warms up lighter and brighter dresses are meant to be worn. Here are two of my favorite spring dresses at the moment!


This pastel pink dress caught my eye while online shopping at Charlotte Russe and I knew I HAD to have it!  It has a beautiful lace pattern throughout the dress that is just adorable along with it's a-line cut.  This dress is PERFECT for my girly style and complements the spring vibe as well.



The second dress is black and white with a babydoll fit.  This T- shirt styled dress is so comfortable and casual, yet I adore it's simplicity because it gives me an opportunity to experiment with layered accessories. 


I hope you enjoyed reading this post and that it has gotten you into the Spring state of mind!  Be sure to leave me comments below of your spring essentials, (and maybe a cruelty free concealer because I've been searching for one). Have a nice day!
 















4 comments:

  1. Such fun spring colors! I need to try Too Faced... I've heard such AMAZING things. Hope you're having a great week!

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.thediaryofadebutante.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too faced is amazing, you much get your hands on some of their products! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Love everything & your blog is so cute x

    Much Love | Trillu.com

    ReplyDelete

Pink Double Sketch Heart