Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Libester Award


Exciting news! My blog was nominated for the Liebster award by the lovely Lipsiie ! She is a beauty blogger that gives fabulous reviews on tons of products. (Click link to see her blog) The Liebster award is an award nominated to great blogs with a small amount of followers so that more people will become aware of their blog. Heres how it works: You must answer the 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you, then make up 11 questions of your own for the 5-11 people you nominate.  The blogs you nominate must have 200 or less followers and you have to make sure they know that they have been nominated. Also, you have to mention and follow the blog that nominated you for the award! Now here are the questions given to me by Lipsiie;


1) What is your favourite makeup brand, one being budget and one high end?
High end would be Urban decay because of their line of the naked products, and on budget would be L'oreal, because they make my favorite line of lipsticks.



2) What is your favorite lipstick?
My favorite lipstick is the L'oreal color Riche in the color 800 Fairest nude. The shade is a mauve colored nude and I love pink and nude lip colors so it is just perfect for me!




3) Three makeup products you could not live with out?
 The first idem I don't know how I did live without, is the perfect Naked 3 palette.  My last post was a review of this palette so you can check it out here 

The second is my Neutrogena oil free eye makeup remover that works like a charm.


The third is the idem I absolutely can't live without, my Maybelline fit me concealer.


4) Three things you have to do before you leave the house- beauty related? (e.g. wear foundation, fill in brows)
Before I leave the house the 3 beauty things I must apply are concealer, foundation/bbcream and lip product.

5) Describe yourself in three words?
I would describe myself as girly, ambitious, and spontaneous.


6) The inspiration behind your blog?
Blogging just makes sense for someone like me.  I have always been really into fashion and  I love giving my friends advice.  Also, in the past year I have gotten really obsessed with makeup too. I'm always talking about or reading about or watching videos on hair, makeup, and fashion. One day My aunt suggested that I should start a blog, and thats what I did! Now have a huge obsession with blogging and have so much  fun with it!  Also, I may make a YouTube to go along with my blog in the near future so keep an eye out for that too!

7) Drugstore foundation or high end which one?
I use a drugstore foundation because it works just fine for me.  Mind you I don't have that much to cover up and the only problem I really have with my skin is dryness, so a high end foundation is not absolutely necessary.  My favorite drugstore foundations are from Neutrogena because they actually help your skin, don't clog pores, and do not appear cakey.  The one I've recently been using is the Neutrogena Skin clearing liquid makeup because it makes my skin smooth and gives a perfect amount of coverage.  But, I do have to use a moisturizer under the foundation every time because it can dry out my skin a bit if I don't.


8) What was your first piece of makeup that you owned or brought?
 My first piece of makeup is one of the products I can't live without, my Maybelline fit me concealer.

9) Name one high end beauty product that was a disappointment?
I have never gotten a high end product I was really disappointed with because I like to do my research before buying expensive makeup because it is a risk.  But, I've seen my fair share of horrible drugstore products.  A product that there was a lot of hype around about 6 months ago was the L'oreal voluminus lashes mascara that I did not like one bit.  It was very clumpy, flakey, and looked really horrible on me. I was disappointed too because I usually really like L'oreal products.

10) What country would you like to travel to and why?
The country I would like to travel to is France.  Paris, France is very big on high end fashion and a dream of mine is to go shopping there.

11) One beauty product on your wish list?
The Hula Benefit bronzer everyone's been ravening about is definitely on my beauty wish list  because  I always love a good bronzer.

Blogs I nominate:

Tiffany's beauty box tiffanysbeautybox.blogspot.com


Questions for my nominees to answer:

1) Explain your go to eyeshadow look

2) Bold or nude lips

3) Your all time favorite makeup brand

3) Your signature perfume/ body spray

4) The color that appears most in your closet

5) Do you like spring, summer, winter, or fall clothes the best

6)Describe your style

7)  Your favorite store to shop at

8) Your nail polish routine

9) Favorite types of blogposts to read

10) The story of how your blog came to be

 To my nominees: Please be sure to inform me if you accept the award and answer my questions! I'd be happy to read it! 

I hope everyone enjoyed reading my answers to these questions, all the links for the available products mentioned are provided below!  

Links 

 L'oreal color Riche lipstick in 800 Fairest nude



Neutrogena  oil free eye makeup remover

Neutrogena Skin clearing liquid makeup








1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed reading your answers! I think your blog is really great, there are some great bronzers/ contours such as sleek, nyx taupe blush, bodyshop honey bronzer, you should swatch them and see if you like them, if not the benefit on your wish list :) i do own and i do like it but i do use the others i have mentioned

    Lipsiie xx

    ReplyDelete

Pink Double Sketch Heart